Friday, May 11, 2012

Project 3 Progress



I changed around my concept a bit, rather than having an actual guitar string I'm developing more of a surface inspired by the oscillation of a guitar string.  I created 4 points, and extruded 2 of the points along different cosine curves.  I then attached lines from the points on the two curves that are based on the distances between point 1 and point 2, and point 3 and point 4 accordingly.  I then attached a BSpline Surface to the endpoints of these lines, creating my wavy surface form.  As I move the control points, the surface begins to warp and grow or shrink based on the distance of the points from the cosine curves.


Here are a few quick rendered images of the surface.  Not sure why those splits are occuring in the surface but it looks kind of cool.



Here are some wireframe images  of the model so you can begin to see what's actually going on.


1 comment:

  1. Owesome, it's really interesting to see how those strings are manipulated by a point controled by you!

    ReplyDelete